Friday, April 9, 2010

Who said Kross ??

I have to confess that lately I’ve being drinking quite a lot of Kross beer (http://www.kross.cl/kross.html ) in my spare time, and trust me, is really easy to do.

I went to visit their brewery few weeks ago while I was in Chile. Jose Tomas picked us up close to Curacavi, where the brewery is.

Why do I think Kross is so good?

-I love the packaging: Funky stuff !!!

-I love that every style of Kross beer: Golden Ale, Pilsener Lager , Stout and Kross 5 gives you a sweet finish in the palate, not bitterness like many others.

-Besides it is not just me who likes it, it has been awarded at the World Beer Championship Awards (US) and at the Australian Beer Awards.

Once at the Brewery we were 4 people, Jose Tomas Infante (General Manager) , Asbjorn Gerlach (the Brewer), Fran Flynn (my partner) and myself.

Asbjorn explained to us the process of making beer, the properties of the ingredients (hops + malt + yeast + water), and the key factors of the process plus how important the use of technology is to ensure consistent quality .

Asbjorn is a dynamic German man, who loves his beer and has more than 20 years of experience in the industry. It was such a pleasure to hear all his ideas in terms of beer making.

Jose Tomas is the man of the numbers. He is base in the office of Santiago City. After Asbjorn’s tutorial, Jose prepared a Kross tasting which we drunk pretty quickly.

It is obvious to see that everything is working nicely. They have a good team and they are in the process of doubling the capacity of production this year. At the moment they have got 2 brewers and 2 more people who are learning from them. Plus the infrastructure at the brewery is ready to receive lots of thirsty tourists.

Well, all I can say now is run and get a cold kross in your hand, you will love it !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails